Pro-Active Anti-Aging Tips

Pro-Active Anti-Aging Tips
The River of Life

Friday, May 29, 2015

Time Travel- How to Turn Back the Clock


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Who wouldn’t like to turn the clock back? There is a way. Take a trip to Europe and when you return you will be a day younger than when you left. Not really, but it’s a pleasant thought as you are struggling with jet lag!

I’m about to depart for France. We are going to Paris, Boudreaux and the Loire Valley. We will be touring the many chateaus of Northern France, as well as, historic sites such as Normandy. History has a way of taking us back in time. It shows us how far we’ve come and at the same time shows us that some things never change.

War, love, romance, loneliness, death, birth and grandness are a part of human life. These are things in life that never change. But progress always tries to erase the past  like making letter writing, café chats, perfume, family meals, land line phones, typewriters and Nazi invasions antiquated.

As I struggle with social media, learning my IPhone 6, and remembering my first transistor radio I begin to feel antiquity creeping into my life. I remember albums, black and white TV, waiting a week to get my pictures developed, party phone lines and the miniskirts with Go Go boots. But some things in my life  have always remained the same.

What I remember the most from my early childhood was my great desire at an early age to want to travel and to see the world. This has never changed. For some strange reason I was born with wanderlust. No one in my family had any desire to travel, but I was never content to simply stay home. So I decided at a very early age that someday I would travel and see the world. I have been fortunate enough to have made this dream come true.

I’ve been to Africa, the Middle East, Australia, all over Europe, South America, Central America, North America, the Caribbean, New Zealand, Japan, China, Thailand, Cambodia and more. Each time I travel I mature beyond my self-contained world and at the same time experience the wonders of a child experiencing something for the very first time.

 As Mark Twain said, “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Want to turn back time? Travel; because one of the markers of youth is a lack of bigotry, prejudice and narrow-mindedness. Having a broad, charitable, wholesome view of the world reminds us of how much life has changed and at the same time how much it is just as it has always been. It reminds us that although our customs may be different we all laugh, hug, cry, mourn and rejoice. These things will always be the same.

So my bags are packed. I’m ready for adventure, open to discovery and feeling the wanderlust of youthful curiosity. If only my back didn’t ache and my arthritis doesn’t kick up I’ll forget my age, time will turn back and I’ll glimpse the world as it was when the chateaus of France were houses for royalty and the American’s landed in Normandy and defeated the Germans.

See you can travel back in time! Now if only I could leave my wrinkles, aches and pains and grey hair behind I might never come back! But alas after two weeks away – home and the familiar will begin to look good. But in the meantime the wanderlust kid is ready to go!

Watch for my daily post on facebook.  http://www.facebook.com/DrLynnAnderson

Doctor Lynn
http://www.doctorlynn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment