Pro-Active Anti-Aging Tips

Pro-Active Anti-Aging Tips
The River of Life

Friday, January 15, 2016

It’s Grey Day – Proactive Anti-Aging







Your chance of going gray increases 10-20% every decade after 30 years. YIKES! That means under this disguise of blond I’m 30-60% grey! But why? Initially, hair is white. It gets its natural color from a type of pigment called melanin. The formation of melanin begins before birth. The natural color of our hair depends upon the distribution, type and amount of melanin in the middle layer of the hair shaft or cortex.

Ok so I start out with white hair and I will end up with white hair. Who put that plan into action? With the white and grey beginning to sprout I’m off to the hairdresser for a much needed toucher up. I wish I could go grey, but vanity will not allow me to give way to my fading melanin. Although I have seen some beautiful grey and white hair it does somehow date you. My girlfriends agree. We’re just not ready to be old, and grey hair somehow symbolizes being old.

It’s all about the hair. We spend hundreds of dollars to keep our locks looking stylish and sleek. Three hours in the hairdresser’s chair may be torture but it is time well spent. Then we spend hundreds of dollars on hair products to keep the hair soft and frizzy free.  It would be so much cheaper and time efficient to just let the hair do its natural thing and go back to the beginning; the white purity of a new life. If only the skin would also go back to the smoothness of a babies butt, I’d buy into the white hair. Oh how happy I would be. White hair and baby smooth skin…ok if I can get that deal I’ll give up the blond and go white. Now that’s real vanity!

Doctor Lynn

http://www,doctorlynn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment