Pro-Active Anti-Aging Tips

Pro-Active Anti-Aging Tips
The River of Life

Friday, January 22, 2016

Proactive Anti-Aging- The value of saying no


 
 
 
 
Projects mounting, responsibilities overwhelming and little time to relax are all precursors to a stress attack and stress is one of the major accelerators of aging. Taking on too much can cause physical and mental turmoil. We all do it. Sometimes at different levels, but the result is the same. For some of us the stress threshold is higher. But whatever your threshold overwhelming pressure will take its toll on your health. The best thing to do is learn to say, “No.” It’s simple. Just say it.

Last week with looming deadlines and new projects evolving I found myself confronted with the need to say, no, to my friends and my family, as well as extra work. It is a word I learned to use a few years ago when someone taught me the value of saying, no. I was constantly being thrust into stressful situations with people, who were shall we say, people with unhealthy attitudes about boundaries and social interactions. What my mentor taught me was that I did not have to do anything I didn’t want to do. I had the right to say, “no.” So now, no, easily rolls off my lips without guilt and I move onto the things that must get done, that I want to do and the things that make me want to say, “yes.” 

Both no and yes for me are two very wonderful proactive anti-aging words!

Doctor Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment