Pro-Active Anti-Aging Tips

Pro-Active Anti-Aging Tips
The River of Life

Friday, May 6, 2016

I Took a Day Off - A Proactive Approach to Aging


 
 
 
About two weeks ago I shared with some of my students that I would love to have a day off where I could stay in my pajamas all day and not leave the house. A set of circumstances happened and two weeks later I found myself a day with nothing on my schedule. Normally I would take a walk and then do some weight lifting at the gym, but it was raining. “How lovely,” I thought, “a rainy day with nowhere to go.” So I stayed in my pajamas until noon. Then I took a shower and slipped into my sweats. I sent my husband out to get a roast chicken at the market for dinner. I didn’t leave the house.

Now I did pause to wonder if this was me getting old and wanting to slow down or was this me being wise. I must admit my body was tired. I have been teaching a lot of classes and working very hard the last few months. The wisdom that comes from learning to listen to your body does come with age. I guess I could say it’s a little of both; aging and wisdom.

I enjoyed my day off, but was up the next day ready to go. There was a time when I would feel guilty about taking a day off. Guilt just got replaced with entitlement. I have earned the right to take a break every once in a while. Aging come faster when stressed and over taxed. Taking a day off gives the body a rest, the mind a chance to refocus and well, does the soul good. Take a proactive approach to aging. Go ahead-take a day off. You’re entitled!

Doctor Lynn

http://www.doctorlynn.com   sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter and follow me on Facebook    http://proactiveantiaging.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment